Rinker on Collectibles: If It Wasn't for the Bad Customer Service, You Probably Would Never Buy Anything From An Ebay Seller
inJuly 28, 2008 - 3:41pm
If Debbie and Randy Coe (coesmercantile.com) lived down the street, I would be privy to an endless supply of “Rinker on Collectible” column ideas. Alas, they live in Hillsboro, Oregon. Whenever my travels take me to or through Portland, I make every effort to visit with Debbie and Randy, at the very least to share a meal together.
inJuly 24, 2008 - 10:00am
First Some Quick Facts About Collecting Vintage License Plates
- The oldest vintage license plates date prior to 1900.
- In addition to age, collectible plates are sought for their color, origin, shape, condition or the history that goes along with them, among other attributes.
inJuly 23, 2008 - 10:44am
Looking for the real deal in Vintage Fashion from the 60's check out some old film reels, like the one below on YouTube.com .
For a terrific selection of Vintage Fashions on Ruby Lane click here.
inJuly 21, 2008 - 3:03pm
First Some Quick Tips for Collecting Head Vases:
- Original ceramic lady head vases were made for floral design use from the late 1940s through the early 1970s.
- Many of the most desirable head vases feature fancy hats, realistic facial features and even pearl necklaces and matching dangle earrings adorning them.
inJuly 18, 2008 - 12:27pm
Visit Amanda's Education Lens on Squidoo. Whether you are looking for historical clothing information or whats hot in vintage fashions Amanda has an answer for you.
inJuly 14, 2008 - 12:05pm
Vaseline glass is a peculiar yellow to yellow/green glass that will fluoresce. When exposed to ultraviolet light it glows a bright green color. This bright green color can only be observed while a piece of Vaseline glass is under UV light.
inJuly 7, 2008 - 4:17pm
Ruby Lane Shops offer a large selection of tobacciana collectibles including the free give aways such as the decorative silk flower and flag swatches given away by the Kenistas cigarette company. Click here to view the many tobacciana collectibles on Ruby Lane.
inJuly 2, 2008 - 4:54am
As you are searching on the Internet for a pillow sham, you come across a listing or auction that states, "LayOver Pillow Sham", and you wonder, "what is that?" No, it is NOT a pillow to use in an airport between flights. It is a pillow sham without a back. You just lay the sham over the pillows. Layover pillow shams were and still are a clever way to hide everyday sleeping pillows.
Brief History of Layover Pillow Shams
inJuly 1, 2008 - 7:36am
Board Game Collecting Tips
- Many of the earliest and most valuable board games date back to the Victorian era and were produced by McLoughlin Bros.
- High values are reserved for games in excellent condition, including boxes and boards, and with all pieces present. If the corners on a box aren’t perfect, the game isn’t in “mint” condition.
inJune 30, 2008 - 10:44am
Jeanne Adwani – Sun in Capricorn, Moon in Aquarius, and years of indulgence in the Metaphysical sciences; story telling via the Tarot, and numerology… I bring this astrology column to you for your enjoyment. True to my Sun and my Moon, I am a resourceful recycler, with an eye for the unique and creative. In this column, consider either your Sun or your Moon sign when reading them.